Website City of Redlands
CITY OF REDLANDS
invites applications for the position of:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: Hourly $37.74 – $45.88 | Biweekly $3,019.46 – $3,670.19
Monthly $6,542.17 – $7,952.08 | Annually $78,506.00 – $95,425.00
OPENING DATE: 10/26/17
CLOSING DATE: 12/06/17 05:00 PM
DESCRIPTION: Under direction, performs professional work in the Planning Division for Development Services of the City of Redlands; and provides planning staff assistance to the Planning Commission, City Council, Environmental Review Committee, and other City commissions and committees. May work in a team setting and will exercise technical and functional supervision over technical and administrative staff.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Analyzes and interprets social, economic, population, and land use data and trends;
- Prepares written and graphic reports on various planning and environmental matters;
- Conducts planning studies involving the correlation and assembly of information;
- Participates in the preparation of charts, maps, and visual aides;
- Compiles information and makes recommendations on special studies;
- Prepares reports, projects, and meeting agenda items for the Planning Commission and the City Council;
- Attends public hearings;
- Advises the Planning Commission and City Council on planning matters;
- Confers with City officials and the public on City planning matters;
- Serves as staff to a variety of commissions, committees, and groups;
- Prepares meeting agendas and staff reports;
- Delivers presentations;
- Processes and maintains files;
- Enforces zoning ordinance;
- Answers inquiries and complaints regarding its interpretation and applicability;
- Reviews applications submitted to the Planning Commission;
- Provides advice regarding completeness and accuracy;
- Develops and presents recommendations on approval, denial, or modification of applications;
- Assists and provides information to the public regarding the preparation and filing of applications for zoning change, building permits, residential development use permits, and other requests for service;
- Prepares specific recommendations for development standards, planning objectives, and evaluation criteria;
- Assists the Environmental Review Committee;
- Delivers presentations;
- Processes and maintains Environmental Impact Reports and negative declarations;
- Reviews development applications for compliance with zoning ordinance;
- Advises on code enforcement procedures;
- Performs field inspections for buildings and accuracy of plans; and
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience: Four years of responsible planning experience including one year of lead supervisory experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in urban planning or a related field; AICP is desired.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
Special Requirements: Essential functions and duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment; ability to travel to different sites and locations;
- Regularly required to talk or hear. Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Senior Planner Supplemental Questionnaire|
|*1.||How many years of experience do you have of responsible planning experience?|
|*2.||How many years of lead supervisory experience do you have within the related field?|
|*3.||Do you possess, or have the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license?|
|*4.||Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?|
|*5.||Have you taken coursework in Urban Planning or a related field?|
|*6.||Are you a CalPERS Retiree?|
* Required Question
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cityofredlands.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=7291301 →